We are looking for a EPG Listings Coordinator on a permanent basis to join the EPG team. The EPG Services department is part of the Sky Production Services division of Sky.
Sky Production Services (SPS) is responsible for the effective and efficient provision of a diverse range of pre and post-production functions, meeting the needs of Sky and third party channels.
In addition to providing a high quality of service supporting the operational demands and requirements for studio and other pre and post-production services and resources, the Sky Production Services function is also actively involved in forward planning the evolution of the provided services in anticipation of future requirements, and opportunities for greater effectiveness or efficiency.
EPG Services is responsible for ensuring that the schedule information displayed on the EPG (Sky’s TV guide) is accurate for Sky’s 10 million+ customers. EPG Listings Co-Ordinators check the TV and radio listings prior to the information appearing to Sky TV customers, ensuring the information is accurate and error free, resolving any issues before transmission by working closely with both broadcasters and schedule suppliers.
The department provides the following:
· A team of skilled individuals who show initiative ensuring Sky’s EPG is accurate and of the highest quality
· Suggestions, guidance and advice to Sky departments and external suppliers on best use of the EPG
· Strategic and operational input into business projects and technological advancements
· Anticipation of future requirements and opportunities for greater effectiveness and efficiencies
· The ideal candidate will be eagle eyed with sharp proof-reading skills, excellent communication and organisational skills, be computer literate and a quick learner.
· Managing a portfolio of TV and radio channels
· Checking the editorial accuracy of TV and radio EPG schedules within given timescales, resolving any issues found prior to transmission
· Checking the technical accuracy of schedule data within given timelines, resolving any technical issues found prior to TX
· Ensure the TV and radio schedules appearing on Sky’s TV Guide conform to Sky and OfCom guidelines and specifications
· Ensure series links are in place so customers can record the latest must-watch TV series at the touch of a button
· Support last minute changes on Sky channels to ensure the EPG displays accurate schedule information for Sky customers at all times
· Plan for major events, such as the Olympics and the World Cup, to ensure that contingency schedules and processes are in place beforehand should events deviate from original start or end times
· React quickly and efficiently to last minute schedule changes due to emergency situations e.g. obituary, breaking news to ensure the Sky TV guide remains up to date
· Monitoring the supply of schedules and quality of data provided by channels and suppliers taking a proactive approach to resolve any recurring issues directly
· Identify where improvements can be made to the quality of data received and work with the supplier to implement enhancements
· Communicating with channels and suppliers promptly and clearly to resolve any issues found and improve the quality of data supplied
· If you have relevant skills and an interest in developing a career in the media we’d love to hear from you. Previous media or listings experience is advantageous, but full in-house training will be provided to the right candidate.
Applications should include both a CV and covering letter. Please note applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
It’s our people that make Sky the UK’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
Due to the fast paced nature of Sky’s Businesses our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. At present the closing date for this vacancy is17th June 2014.